Recently, someone suggested I start back posting my thoughts after Sunday services. From a reader’s perspective, what questions would you have for a pastor on Sunday or what kinds of things do you find interesting as a “behind the scenes” look at Sundays in our context? Comment below.
For now, here is what I have today in no particular order:
- Fantastic day!
- We changed up the order of our service today. This new format is the one we are going to roll with for a while. We have been tossing around ideas for a while now and believe it is time to make the change. It went very well for the first day. We have some things we learned today that need to be done in order to make it even smoother.
- We are constantly evaluating everything we do and looking for ways to improve and today was a fantastic learning day in several areas.
- I’m so proud of our volunteers who arrive early and give so much to make each week happen! You guys and gals ROCK!
- We finished with stuffing 15,000 eggs for our Easter Egg Hunt this coming Saturday!
- Today is Palm Sunday, the start of Holy Week. I encourage you to take a few minutes each day and read a passage from any one of the Gospels of the accounts of that week leading up to Jesus death on the cross.
- If you want a CapCity t-shirt, let us know soon, we sold a bunch today and even sold out of one size.
- Pastor Staci has been working for months on our computer check-in system for our CapCity Kidz ministry and we are in the launch phase. Thank you for all those who have helped and for the patience of parents as we continue to work out the kinks. This will help us provide an even more secure environment for the kids.
- Everyone seemed to enjoy the “new hairdo” I debuted this morning! 🙂
- Some great conversations in the lobby after service. That is always one of my favorite parts of Sunday!
- Don’t forget to invite your “one” this week! There is no Sunday in the year where the average person is more likely to say “yes” to coming to church than on Easter Sunday. On top of that, we are serving breakfast before the service next week!
- Remember – You are the church! Let’s be intentional.
- The picture below is one my youngest daughter took this afternoon to enter in a photography competition later this month. She is turning into quite the photog!
- We hung out with some good friends this afternoon and evening. The ladies cooked an amazing meal and we had a blast!