If you can’t tell, I love being a pastor, and I love being the pastor of Capital City Church!
We had another fantastic day today.
- Today was Graduate recognition day. We honored four graduates, 1 high school and 3 college.
- With graduate Sunday comes the promotions within our youth & children’s ministry as well. Today was personal, my oldest daughter is fully and completely a youth now. I am a proud father and she is growing to be a fine young lady, but I’m not ready for her to be a teenager. Time waits for no one for sure.
- We officially introduced our summer intern today. He has actually been working with us for three weeks now. He is no stranger to CapCity as he quite literally grew up in the church. Justin Palmer will be serving in musics, tech, and other general duties through the summer until he returns to James River Leadership College in August.
- I am so looking forward to Wednesday night! Our first annual volunteer appreciation party will be insane. We have some great surprises in store for everyone who will be there. This will be a lot of fun. If you are a volunteer or have ever been involved at CapCity, you do not want to miss this. We will also be revealing some of what is next for us. Have I said that you don’t want to miss this?!
- Our youth leadership team met this evening planning our fall direction. We have some quality people involved with our youth ministry! The discussion was great and the things put into place are going to make a significant difference as we work to our goals of connecting youth to God and to the church.
- We continued our “Lessons from the Toy Box” series this morning with Mr. Potato head. Mr. Potato Head can teach us much about communication. Pastor Brent brought the message today and he knocked a grand slam! “It is our expression that creates our first impression.” You can hear the full message here.
- We had a lot of first and second time guests today. It was great getting to meet so many and hear their stories.
- Have I mentioned I am looking forward to Wednesday night?
- Elena and the band did great today! We are so blessed with awesome musicians. More importantly, every one in the band is humble and loves God and loves CapCity.
- A couple of other things coming up that I am looking forward to:
- We continue the “Lessons from the Toy Box” next week with Play-Doh.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT! 7 pm
- Biker Sunday! Coming on Father’s Day. The first 100 bikers in the building get a free t-shirt. We will have lunch on the premises immediately following the service. The lunch is open to everyone. We have a special gift for every man. There will be cars on displays, motorcycles, and much more. Find out more here.
- VBS. July 11-15.